Hawk Lot-Hospital resumes increased service frequency beginning March 3
March 3, 2021
Beginning March 3, Hawk Lot-Hospital route service will be increased all day. The increased service frequency is in response to temporary parking relocations ending for Parking Lot 85 permit holders. Frequent service for commuter routes is a strategy to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by reducing bus occupancy.
Hawk Lot-Hospital service
- Hawk Lot-Hospital route service will be increased all day beginning March 3.
- AM and PM peak service will depart every 5 minutes.
- Midday and late evening service will depart every 10 minutes.
- On-Demand shuttle provides transportation on weeknights from 8:45 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
CAMBUS COVID-19 response
Boarding data is regularly monitored. Based upon service design and strategies, CAMBUS occupancy on buses during AM and PM peak service is typically less than 50% of capacity or less than 35 riders.
Because no more service can be added during the peak commute times, riders are asked when possible to arrive and board outside of the busiest times, 6:35 a.m. to 6:45 a.m. and 7:35 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
Use the Transit App to see live bus locations in addition to predicted arrival times. The map of live bus locations is helpful for deciding when to head to a bus stop.
Cleaning practice and reduction measures
- Drivers and riders are required by the university policy and a federal order to wear masks while entering, riding, and exiting a bus.
- Buses are cleaned with a disinfectant spray every night and treated with disinfecting UV light at least every 48 hours. During service, the fresh air exchange rate on buses is every 20-90 seconds.
- Research indicates no direct correlation has been found between use of urban public transit and transmission of COVID-19, especially when these safeguards are in place.
Riders are encouraged to use the mobile app Transit to plan trips, get real-time departure information, live bus locations, service alerts and more. Download Transit to your Apple or Android smart device.
The Parking and Transportation Department is committed to promoting campus accessibility through mobility solutions for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In addition to fixed-route bus services, CAMBUS also operates a door-to-door paratransit bus service, called "Bionic Bus". Learn more about Bionic bus service.
For questions about CAMBUS services, please call 319-335-8633 or email email@example.com.