- Bike parking is free!
- Don’t know where to park? Use our Bicycle Parking Map to find locations.
- Bicycles must be parked in bicycle racks. Please do not obstruct walkways, railings, doorways or ramps.
- Bikes not parked at a rack may be ticketed, immobilized and/or impounded.
- Please do not leave your bike on campus. Abandoned bicycles will be impounded.
- Never leave your bike unlocked.
- Always park at a bike rack. Lock both wheels and the frame of the bike to the rack.
- Securing your bike only by the frame or only by the wheel, makes it vulnerable to theft.
- Do not leave your bike in an area unattended for an extended period of time.
- Register your bicycle. Thieves look for bikes without any identification on them.
- Take a picture with your bike. This may help Police identify your bike.
If your bicycle is stolen
- Report a stolen bike to UI Police Department immediately or call the local police department within the community where the bike was stolen.
- Provide the bike registration number, serial number, make, model, size and color.