Fleet Services Newsletter
We are excited to welcome Loren Noska to our department! Loren’s first day at Fleet Services as our new dispatcher was August 14th. He previously worked for Public Safety. He will be focusing on the daily rentals, customer service, and managing the students.
We also have several new students. Derek started working for us this summer and we just hired two students, Drew and Kayla.
With school starting, we want to remind everyone of the rules for student drivers. Below are the situations in which a student is allowed to drive a University vehicle:
- When they are driving as a part of their job. This means that driving is a responsibility of the student’s position. That does not mean a student can drive if he/she is employed for clerical duties and a group of students are going to a conference. Driving to the conference is not part of the student’s job responsibilities.
- As a member of a student organization going to a national or regional conference or to a sports club competition.
- On a class field trip when the instructor or other staff member is traveling with the group.
- When the trip is sponsored by the department and 6 other criteria are met:
- The trip is related to a program and the student is registered in that program.
- The student’s attendance at the event is approved and financially supported by the department head.
- A primary driver is designated and paid.
- Vehicle is used for business purposes only.
- Appropriate form is completed and sent to Risk Management or Fleet Services.
- All student drivers must have completed the defensive driving program.
Deb’s Safety Corner
Keep your head in the game. This motto encompasses everything you do during the work day. Be aware of what’s going on around you, pay attention to stop signs, lights, crosswalks, pedestrian traffic, construction zones, and the traffic in front of you. Even if you’re not being reckless, you will appear reckless if you ‘zone out’ while driving.
Saturday Hours Starting
Our Saturday hours begin August 26. We are open from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. If you are traveling over the weekend and you wish you to delay the start of charges, you must pick up the vehicle Saturday morning.
New School Year Reminders
Now is the time to get your vehicle reservations in, students registered for driving training, and license reviews checked. It is never too early to make your reservations. Fall is our busiest time and larger vehicles are reserved quickly. Driving training registration forms can be easily sent to us by email. For more information, please view the Fleet Safety Program manual.
It is also a good time to get those department vehicles cleaned. We have vacuums and cleaning supplies at our office available for use, as well as car wash coupons.
Cancel, Don’t Void
If you wish to cancel a reservation and it has been approved in the Workflow path, scroll to the bottom of the requisition and click “Cancel This Reservation.” If it has not been fully approved in the Workflow path, call our office to cancel. Do not void the requisition. Our office does not receive a notification if the reservation has been voided, so we do not know to cancel it.
Fleet Services Info
Manager: Mike Wilson
Phone: (319) 384-0564
Fax: (319) 335-5865
Hours: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Fall and spring only: 8:00 a.m. - 11 a.m. Saturday
Shop Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Shop Phone: (319) 335-5102
Fueling Hours: 24 hours/ 7 days a week