Fleet Services Newsletter
WEX Cards in Iowa City/Coralville
As a reminder to you and your staff, the WEX fuel cards do not work in Iowa City or Coralville. If you are traveling locally, you must use our fuel pumps located near our office. Feel free to stop by and let us help you fuel the vehicle if you don’t know how.
Tricks to Deep Clean Your Car
- Wash your car with hair conditioner.
- Use coffee filters to wipe down the interior of the vehicle.
- Clean dead bugs off the front of the vehicle with cooking spray.
- Get dead bugs off the grille using dryer sheets.
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean wiper blades to prevent smears on the windshield.
- Rub away grime on headlights using a baking soda toothpaste.
- Dust the A/C vents with a foam craft brush.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow out dust and debris from vents and corners of the vehicle.
- Make your own air freshener by applying 5-10 drops of essential oil onto a clothespin.
- Make your car smell good with pineapple skins.
- Put an old sock over the bottom of a travel cup, spray with window cleaner and insert into cup holder. Twist to remove dirt and grime.
- Take a toothbrush to brush out dirt from the seams of your seat.
- Use wooden skewers and a cloth to remove filth from small crevices.
- Condition your dashboard with Vaseline after cleaning it.
- Clean the windows and windshield with baby wipes that contain alcohol.
- And don’t forget to roll down windows to clean the top edge with window cleaner.
Printing Fuel Receipts
We understand that sometimes you may need a receipt for the fuel purchased at our fuel island. There is a way that you can do this. After your vehicle has been fueled, go back to the kiosk at the center of the fuel island and re-insert your chip key. The terminal will display a message asking if you want to print a receipt. Select “yes” and a receipt will be printed. This function is only available for 24 hours. So, if you need a receipt after that time or if you need documentation for multiple fuel transactions, give our office a call and we can put that together for you.
Deb’s Safety Corner
Thieves are always looking for an easy target. Don’t leave your vehicle running, doors unlocked, with valuables in plain sight. No one thinks it’ll happen to them until they return to their empty parking spot. University vehicles are just as susceptible to theft as personal vehicles. Loss prevention starts with you.
Traveling Out of The Country
University vehicles may NOT be taken into Mexico or Canada without the prior written consent of Risk Management. If you know you will be traveling out of the country with a University vehicle, contact Risk Management as soon as possible.
Fleet Services Factoid
Looking for your car in a parking lot and can’t seem to locate it? Place the key fob against your head and press the lock button. According to Autoblog, this hack increases the range of your fob to your vehicle. You just might look a little funny doing it. Once again, try this at your own risk!
Fleet Services Info
Manager: Mike Wilson
Phone: (319) 384-0564
Fax: (319) 335-5865
Hours: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Fall and spring only: 8:00 a.m. -- 11 a.m. Saturday
Shop Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Shop Phone: (319) 335-5102
Fueling Hours: 24 hours/ 7 days a week