Student U-PASS Program

U-Pass Logo
for University of Iowa Students

Enjoy cost savings and let someone else do the driving.  Get unlimited rides on Iowa City or Coralville Transit with an annual U-PASS sponsored by UI Parking and Transportation. 

Don’t delay, get your U-PASS today and start receiving the benefits.

For your convenience order your Student U-PASS through MyUI. Click on Student Information and My Parking under My UIOWA.  Passes may be picked up at the West Campus Transportation Center.

Transit: Real-time Passenger Information System

About your U-PASS

  • Provides you with unlimited rides throughout the year on Iowa City Transit or Coralville Transit.  Only one pass per student.
  • May be purchased at the discounted rate if you don't have a daytime parking permit (except motorcycle permit); standard rate applies if you do. 
  • Valid June 1-May 31.  If you no longer need it or are no longer a University student during this period, simply return it to Parking Services for cancelation.
  • For short-term needs, other options include purchasing 31 day passes directly from Iowa City Transit or Coralville Transit

 The details

  • Available to currently registered University of Iowa students; including graduate, teaching and research assistants.  Students who are also full-time UI Faculty or Staff are not eligible for the Student U-PASS, but may purchase a Faculty & Staff U-PASS
  • Your U-PASS is for your use only and cannot be transferred or sold.  Fraudulent use or transfer of U-PASSes may result in confiscation, revocation of transit passes and other privileges.
  • Students living in Iowa City will be issued a U-PASS for Iowa City Transit; students living in Coralville will be issued a U-PASS for Coralville Transit.  Exceptions may be made on an individual basis.
  • U-PASS must be returned to Parking Services if you want to cancel before May 31.  If U-PASS is active at any time from the 1st to the last day of a month, payment for the month is required.
  • Standard rate applies for every month a daytime permit (except motorcycle) is active.
  • Take care of your U-PASS.  If your U-PASS is lost, stolen or damaged, contact Parking Services to complete a report and request a new pass.  Replacement fees apply.
  • The terms and conditions of the U-PASS are subject to change.