University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Parking
There are five conveniently located cashiered parking facilities near UIHC. Please take a cashier’s ticket from the ticket dispenser upon entering a facility.
- Hospital Ramp 1
- Hospital Ramp 2
- Hospital Ramp 3
- Hospital Ramp 4
- Family Care Center Lot
The Family Care Center Lot is restricted to patients visiting the UIHC Family Medical Center only and requires their special pass in order to exit. We request that visitors, vendors and other patients please not park there. A special $20 rate applies to those who park without the Family Medical Center pass.
Free parking is available for UIHC patients and visitors in the Hawkeye Commuter Lot on the west campus and linked to the Hospital by frequent, no-fare transit service by CAMBUS. A temporary parking permit is required to park there. For information on how to use this service call the UIHC Main Information Desk at (319) 356-2456.
To contact Parking and Transportation, please call (319) 335-1475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of operation
All facilities are opened twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week and offer convenient pay-in-lane machines.
Hospital Ramps 1, 2, 3 and 4 are cashiered twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
The Family Care Center Lot is cashiered from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Any of these facilities may be occasionally closed for maintenance, special events and emergencies.
Patient Rate: Patients and their visitors should obtain a Patient Parking Voucher before leaving the Hospital. When exiting the parking ramp, present the voucher and the parking entry ticket to the parking cashier. This will limit hourly charges and the daily maximum to the lower Patient Rate.
- The Patient Rate is $1.20/hour and there is no charge for the first half hour of parking.
- The Patient Rate daily maximum fee is $10/day.
- The Graduate Rate or Standard Rate may apply if you do not present a Patient Parking Voucher. The cost of parking for the first three hours for both the graduated and standard rates is identical. After three hours the graduated rate is higher. Both rates have the same daily maximum.
- The charge for a lost cashier’s ticket is equal to the daily maximum charge.
Multi-day patient and visitor passes
Patients and visitors making extended visits may purchase 3-day and 7-day ramp passes for use in Hospital Ramps 1, 2, 3, and 4.
The 3-day pass provides three (3) consecutive days of reduced rate parking at $27 per pass.
The 7-day pass provides seven (7) consecutive days of reduced rate parking at $58 per pass.
Multi-day parking passes are available at these convenient locations:
- UIHC Information Desk in the Main Lobby
- Pomerantz Information Desk (Level One)
- Stead Family Information Desk
- Parking and Transportation office (located in the West Campus Transportation Center, connected to Hospital Ramp 3 and UIHC via the skyway)
University Employees Parking for Appointments
Hospital Ramp 1, 2, 4, and Family Care Center between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM Monday – Friday are for patient and visitor parking. If you are parking as a patient or visitor during those hours, please display the Patient Parking Voucher on your dashboard. Displaying the Patient Parking Voucher will prevent you receiving a citation. Learn more about the Patient Parking Voucher.
Forgot to display the Patient Parking Voucher? If you don't display the Patient Parking Voucher, you may receive a citation for parking in a patient facility. The citation can be waived. Complete the simple form included with the ticket and turn into the cashier upon exit.