Want to reduce your commuting costs even more? Become a Van Pool driver.
Drivers ride to and from The University of Iowa free, in exchange for driving the van; following a maintenance schedule and keeping records. Drivers must meet the University Driving Policy standards, complete training and have a Class D chauffeur's license.
Some of the main driver responsibilities are:
- Drive the van to and from The University of Iowa.
- Pick up and deliver the passengers to and from the University.
- Complete a mileage report each month.
- Fuel the van at Fleet Services.
- Clean the van as needed.
- Arrange for the van to be routinely serviced or repaired at Fleet Services.
If you are interested, please call (319) 353-5770 or email Commuter Programs.