Hours of Service
- Fall and spring academic sessions: weeknights from 8:45 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. Service is limited to/from commuter parking lots.
- Break periods: weeknights from 8:45 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. Service is expanded to all CAMBUS stops at the main campus and Hawkeye campus. Break periods include fall break, winter break, spring break, and the summer session.
- Summer: in addition to night service, the On-Demand Shuttle operates on weekends from 11:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
The On-Demand Shuttle operates in a limited service area and only serves existing CAMBUS stops.
Fall and spring academic sessions
Service area is limited to provide service to and/or from these university parking lots and areas:
- Parking Lot 85, Hawkeye Commuter
- Parking Lot 65, Finkbine Commuter
- Parking Lot 75, Arena
- Parking Lot 55, Hancher Commuter
- Hawkeye Campus, including Aspire
- Health Sciences Campus along Newton Road
- Cultural Centers bus stop (rides must originate at the Cultural Centers stop, and can be requested to any main campus or Hawkeye bus stop)
During Thanksgiving break, spring break, winter break, and the summer session, the service area of the On-Demand Shuttle is expanded to provide service to and from existing CAMBUS stops on main campus and the Hawkeye Campus. The On-Demand Shuttle does not provide rides to or from stops in Coralville or the Research Park campus.
How to use the On-Demand Shuttle
The On-Demand Shuttle stages at the West Campus Transportation Center when it is not providing a ride. Riders may board the On-Demand Shuttle at the WCTC at Stall 3 and request a ride directly to a driver, or riders may call the CAMBUS dispatcher to request a ride from another location.
If boarding at the West Campus Transportation Center
Board the On-Demand Shuttle in Stall 3 and specify to the driver which CAMBUS stop or university parking lot you would like to be dropped off at. The driver may wait a few minutes before departing the WCTC to see if any additional riders are boarding. Depending on other ride requests received, the driver may pick-up or drop-off other riders on the way to your destination.
If requesting a pick-up from another location on campus
Call the dispatcher at 319-335-8633 to request a ride. During your call, be sure to designate:
- Location to be picked-up. Please note, the On-Demand Shuttle provides limited service to and from designated CAMBUS stops.
- Desired pick-up time. Pick-ups can be requested up to one hour in advance.
- Location to be dropped off.
Contact the CAMBUS dispatcher at 319-335-8633.
Email CAMBUS at email@example.com (email monitored Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.)