Hours of Service
- Fall and spring academic sessions: weeknights from 8:45 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. Service is limited to/from commuter parking lots.
- Break periods: weeknights from 8:45 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. Service is expanded to all CAMBUS stops at the main campus and Hawkeye campus. Break periods include Thanksgiving break, spring break, winter break, and the summer session.
- Summer: in addition to night service, the On-Demand Shuttle operates on weekends from 11:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
The On-Demand Shuttle operates in a limited service area and only serves existing CAMBUS stops.
Fall and spring academic sessions
Service area is limited to provide service to and/or from these commuter parking lots and areas:
- Parking Lot 85, Hawkeye Commuter
- Parking Lot 65, Finkbine Commuter
- Parking Lot 75, Arena
- Parking Lot 55, Hancher Commuter
- Hawkeye Campus, including Aspire
- Health Sciences Campus along Newton Road
During Thanksgiving break, spring break, winter break, and the summer session, the service area of the On-Demand Shuttle is expanded to provide service to and from existing CAMBUS stops on main campus and the Hawkeye Campus. The On-Demand Shuttle does not provide rides to or from stops in Coralville or the Research Park campus.
How to use the On-Demand Shuttle
The On-Demand Shuttle stages at the West Campus Transportation Center when it is not providing a ride. Riders may board the On-Demand Shuttle at the WCTC at Stall 3 and request a ride directly to a driver, or riders may call the CAMBUS dispatcher to request a ride from another location.
If boarding at the West Campus Transportation Center
Board the On-Demand Shuttle in Stall 3 and specify to the driver which CAMBUS stop or university parking lot you would like to be dropped off at. The driver may wait a few minutes before departing the WCTC to see if any additional riders are boarding. Depending on other ride requests received, the driver may pick-up or drop-off other riders on the way to your destination.
If requesting a pick-up from another location on campus
Call the dispatcher at 319-335-8633 to request a ride. During your call, be sure to designate:
- Location to be picked-up. Please note, the On-Demand Shuttle provides limited service to and from designated CAMBUS stops.
- Desired pick-up time. Pick-ups can be requested up to one hour in advance.
- Location to be dropped off.
Contact the CAMBUS dispatcher at 319-335-8633.
Email CAMBUS at firstname.lastname@example.org (email monitored Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.)