Who is eligible?
- A faculty or staff member employed by the University of Iowa in any capacity other than student employment or bi-weekly employment, and...
- Who is currently an enrolled member of the Employee Van Pool Program or the Employee U-Pass Program.
- Substitute riders on Van Pool are not eligible.
Appropriate requests for ERH Reimbursements
- You become sick at work and need to go home early.
- A family member becomes sick/injured and needs your assistance.
- A personal crisis occurs (i.e. death in the family, extensive property damage or loss due to natural disaster, theft, etc).
Inappropriate requests for ERH Reimbursements
- You have to work overtime or past your normal departure time.
- On-the-job injury (contact Worker's Compensation).
- Personal errands, pre-arranged appointments, non-emergency related reasons, weather conditions, vehicle malfunctions or transit service disruptions/delays. In general, any situation you know about before departing for your commute to work that would require you to leave work early.
- You need a ride to work. ERH is only valid for rides departing The University of Iowa campus.
- ERH can be used up to three times per fiscal year (July 1-June 30) and not to exceed a cumulative total of $100 in reimbursements.
- Gratuity (tip) to the taxicab driver may be included in the fare cost. Tip should be a reasonable amount not to exceed 20% of fare cost.
- Parking and Transportation is not responsible for the taxicab/TNC response time. You should confirm details when requesting the service.
- The personal emergency must arise while at work and require you to go home or to where the emergency requires your presence.
- ERH is only valid for rides initiated during your regular work hours.
- Parking and Transportation reserves the right to request verification of the participant's leave of absence. If the purpose of the ride is deemed invalid, reimbursement will not be given. Please retain receipts and collect any supporting materials you can to help us verify your request and maintain the integrity of the program. Doctor's receipts and notes from daycare centers or the fire department will do.
- The ERH Program is a privilege. Parking and Transportation reserves the right to terminate the program and/or discontinue a participant's privileges at any time. Parking and Transportation also reserves the right to change the existing program guidelines and procedures.
Contact Commuter Programs
Phone: (319) 335-5770