Transit makes its way to Iowa City!
The University of Iowa Parking and Transportation department is constantly implementing solutions to improve transportation. With the launch of Transit, getting around campus just turned into a breeze. Transit is a mobile application that now allows riders of CAMBUS to see upcoming departure times and real-time locations for buses, closest stops to the rider, and much more. One of it's best features is trip planning.
Click on the the Apple Store or Google Play icon below to download.
Table of Contents:
Transit's main screen allows you to view many different aspects of the app in one location. You are able to see your location, any favorite locations located on the map, and a list of nearby Cambus routes. These routes allow you to view each route name, direction, the closest stop, and the time until departure. By clicking on any route, you are able to view the real-time location of the bus, any later departures, and any service alerts there may be.
Transit makes it even easier to plan a trip across campus with the help of their straightforward trip planning capabilities. You are able to access your favorite locations along with other addresses in your phone's calendar in order to create a route that works for you.
1. Tap the green search bar labeled “Where to?”
2. Set your origin and destination, then press Get Directions.
3. Transit will provide you with various route options, allowing you to select one that seems most useful. Transit will also provide you with trip details, anticipated arrival and departure times, and a map showing your exact route.
4. Once you have decided which route you would like to take, press GO. You are able to see all information shown in the previous screen, as well as an alert button which allows you to be notified when your bus is close.
1. Select a route you would like to travel on and tap GO.
2. Select your destination and view the route plans provided to get you there.
3. Set alerts to remind you before your departure arrives.
4. Adjust walk times in between stops.
5. Minimize GO for continuous in-app use:
- IOS: Swipe down from top of GO screen.
- Android: Use phone’s back screen.
- Minibar located at bottom of screen to access GO again at any time.
Transit allows you to place favorites on different routes and locations in order to access these faster in the future.
1. Select the route you would like on the list and tap the star icon.
2. This favorited route will now appear at the top of the list in the Main Screen.
1. Insert address or bus stop (ie. Hawk Lot, Macbride Hall) into search bar and select the correct location.
2. Tap Add to Favorites
3. Customize the location name and icons for the map.
Transit provides ease to many Cambus drivers and creates a more accessible way of getting around downtown. Transit offers the ability to work in different languages such as French, Spanish, Italian, and German. This feature can be accessed by using your phone settings.Transit is available for download on the App Store and on Google Play. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Instagram for more important news, alerts, and tips!