The Parking and Transportation Department offers a Motorist Assistance Program for students, faculty, staff, and visitors on the main campus. The program is free and offered year-round, except on University Holidays. Service is provided on an as available basis.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. through 7:00 p.m.
Campus Areas Served
- Main campus parking lots, ramps and meters managed by Parking and Transportation
- At this time, we do not serve the Oakdale campus, IRL campus or properties not managed by Parking and Transportation
- Battery jump starts
- Locating your vehicle if parked on campus
- Pump air into tire
Services Not Provided
- Locked keys in vehicle
- Change flat tire
- Mechanical assistance
- Advice if your vehicle will not start after attempting to jump start the battery
How to Arrange for UI Motorist Assistance
- Call Parking Dispatch at 319-335-8312
- Dispatcher will ask for details and your contact information and will then provide an estimated time that our staff will arrive.
- If you’re requesting a jump start we ask that you wait at your vehicle with the hood raised in order to help our staff more easily locate your vehicle.
Fleet Vehicle Assistance
University employees driving a University vehicle should continue to call our Fleet Services office for assistance during their normal business hours. For after-hours motorist assistance please use the motorist assistance card located in the glove box of the vehicle.
- For UIHC Patient Escort services see https://uihc.org/wheelchair-assistance-and-patient-escorts.