160 West Burlington Street, Iowa City, IA 52242
Access to this facility is on Front Street.
Hours of Operation
Open for public use 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week, except University Holidays.
Restricted for special events, maintenance and emergencies as indicated.
Parking is limited to two hours during enforcement hours. Parking time cannot be extended beyond the maximum two-hour time.
Parking enforcement hours are:
- Monday through Sunday, 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Height Restrictions – 93 inches (7’ 9”)
Oversize Vehicles must use surface lots. Call Parking Dispatch at 319-335-8312 to identify locations for vehicles that cannot be accommodated in standard stalls.
Staffing and Assistance
24/7 assistance is available by calling parking dispatch.
Call Parking Dispatch at 319-335-8312 to:
- Report malfunctioning equipment, broken doors, or sign, light and other issues.
- Request Motorist Assistance for a jump start or vehicle locate.
Call the Department of Public Safety at (non-emergency) 319-335-5022 to:
- Report vehicle damage that may have occurred in the facility.
- Locked keys in vehicles.
Electric Vehicle Parking – 2 stalls coming in fall 2022
Bicycle Parking – none
$1.20 / hour
See the Rates page for more details about the Mobile Payment Zone rate
How to Pay
Parking payment can be made two ways:
- Mobile Parking Payment (parking payment app)
- Look for signs throughout the facility to confirm zone number for payment
- Zone 5136 in Stanley Museum of Art Ramp is a 2-hour time limit zone
- See the Mobile Parking Payment page for more info on how to use the app
- Pay stations
- One pay station located near the central garage lobby
- One pay station located near the north elevator
- Accepted payment types include cash and credit card (Visa/MasterCard/Discover).
- No change provided. Use exact change or credit card.